0 Asbestos Waste

Your vote is:
0.00 of 0 votes
Asbestos Waste

Asbestos And Your Skip - A Guide

Asbestos is a substance which is highly toxic and can be harmful when not properly disposed of. Asbestos is, therefore, something that people try and remove from their property as soon as is humanly possible. However, there are rules and regulations against asbestos, which you need to make sure you follow when disposing of it. With that in mind, we’re going to be looking at asbestos, and whether it belongs in the skip hire Croydon.

So What Is Asbestos?

Asbestos is a substance which was used a long time ago for the purpose of strengthening buildings. The term asbestos is given to a series of fibres, all of which are noted for being both very durable and quite resistant to fire, which is why it was used as a way to strengthen the support frames of buildings. However, it was later discovered that the fibres themselves were toxic to the human respiratory system and could go for years without being discovered, and then manifest as things like cancers and lung conditions.

So, Can I Put Asbestos In A Skip?

The thing about asbestos is that it’s really dangerous when not disposed of properly, which means that you can’t usually put it into a skip. A lot of skip hire companies will not take asbestos from your site, and they don’t like a skip when it’s been filled with asbestos. Not only is it dangerous when not disposed of properly, but it is also difficult to dispose of safely. This is why a lot of skips hire companies will choose to reject asbestos because they do not want to be responsible for the removal and disposal of such a dangerous item. It will usually fall to you to contact the local authority and make sure that it is disposed of safely.

Overall, asbestos is not usually something which you’ll see in your skip hire Croydon. Asbestos is a dangerous substance and should be treated with caution to make sure that you stay safe. If you’re going to be dealing with asbestos, then you need to contact a local authority to seek advice on how best to dispose of it. If you don’t get rid of it correctly, it’ll wind up in a place where it will just dissipate into the atmosphere and could be inhaled by someone.